Shampoo in simple terms is a hair care product designed to clean the scalp skin along with its hairs. Incidentally, the term shampoo entered the English language through the Hindi word “champoo” was used meaning to press or massage; it was used to denote cleaning through massage of the hair and skin . Today’s shampoo formulations are beyond the stage of pure cleaning of the hair. Additional benefits are expected, e.g., conditioning, smoothing of the hair surface, good health of hair, i.e., hair free of dandruff, dirt, grease and lice and, above all, its safety benefits are expected. In the present scenario, it seems improbable that herbal shampoo, although better in performance and safer than the synthetic ones, will be popular with the consumers. The present study is about the preparation of Gunja shampoo and its comparative Physico-chemical study with the Gunja oil. Ayurvedic literature name Chakradatta Samhita had explained Gunja tail in Kandu rogadhikar, in this study conversion of tail will be done by shampoo as it is easily acquired by society.
2. Preussmann R and Steuart BW. N-nitriso carcinogens. In: Searle CE. (Ed.). Chemical Carcinogens. Vol 2, American Chemical Society (Monograph 182), Washington DC (1984) 643-648 https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/bk-1985-0283.ch001#
3. Pharmaceutical Analysis, A textbook for Pharmacy students, third edition, by David G. Watson, published by Elseveir publication.
4. Chakradutta Samhita, Kandoo rogadhikar, by Pandit Jagannathasharma Bajpayee, published by Shree Laxmi Vyankateshwar steam press.
5. Sharangdhar Samhita Madhyam khanda, by Acharya Brahmanand Tripathi, publisheshed by Chaukhamba Sanskrit Prakashan.
6. Dravya guna Vidyaniyam, Priyvat sharma, 2014 edition, publisheshed by Chaukhamba Sanskrit Prakashan.
7. Nasrin Aghela, Eskandar Moghimipourand Azadeh Raies Dana, Formulation of herbal shampoo using total Saponin of Acanthophyllum Squarrosum, Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (2007), 6 (3): 167-172
8. Griffin J.J., Corcoran R.F, Akana K.K., The pH of hair Shampoo, Journal of Chemistry. 54thed. 1977; 553-554
9. Mainkar A.R. and Jolly C.I., Formulation of natural shampoos, International Journal of Cosmetic Science 2001; 23(1): 59-62
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.