Vyavachedak Nidan is distinguishing of particular disease or condition from others that present with similar clinical features. Dosha-Gati is basic consideration discussed by Charakacharya which keeps great clinical importance to the diagnostic (Roga Nidan) point of view; besides, prognosis (Sadhyasadhyata) and proper application of the treatment measures(Chikitsa karma) can be planned followed by assessment of Dosh- Gati through its classified aspects as the Tridosha is the Samavayee karan of the Roga. Amlapitta is a very common disease in the present era. Amlapitta is one of the commonest vyadhi of Annavaha srotas, caused by vitiated agni. Amlapitta is a condition where amlaguna of pachak pitta (gastric juice) increases due to Samata. Amlapitta has been considered as pittapradhana Kaphapradhana Tridoshaja Vyadhi. Acharya Madhava and Bhavamishra classified Amlapitta in two types according to doshagati or sthan dushti. The first type is Urdhvag amlapitta exhibits symptoms of pittaja and kaphaja Amlapitta and the second type is Adhog Amlapitta exhibits symptoms of vataja amlapitta. By understanding the various lakshanas of different type of Amlapitta in lite of doshagati can be beneficial for lakshana and samprapti vighatanatmak chikitsa.
2. Vijayaraksita & Srikanthdatta & extract from Atankadarpan by Vasapti Vaidya Edited by Vaidya Jadavji Tricumji Acharya, Madhavnidan by Madhavkara with the commentary Madhukosh 5th edition Nirnayasagar Press Bombay 1955, Amlapittanidanam 51/1
3. Prof. Ajaykumar Sharma, Kayachikitsa (Part 2), 51ST edition Chaukhamba Publishers Varanasi 2013, Adhyaya no.25 Amlapitta, page 328
4. P.V. Tewari, Kasyapasamhita/ Vrddhajivakiya Tantra, 2nd Edition Chaukhambha Visvabharati 2002 16/7
5. Vijayaraksita & Srikanthdatta & extract from Atankadarpan by VasaptiVaidya Edited by Vaidya Jadavji Tricumji Acharya, Madhavnidan by Madhavkara with the commentary Madhukosh 5th edition Nirnayasagar Press Bombay 1955 Amlapittanidanm 51/2
6. Vidhyadhar Shukla & Prof. Ravidatta Tripathi, Charak Samhita (Part 2), Chaukhamba Sanskrit Partishtan Delhi 2005 Grahani Chikitsa Adhaya 15/44.
7. Doshagati- An Ancient Approach in the Management of Doshagati, Article of Gaurav Santosh Koshor( Pg Scolar,Dept of Ayurveda Siddhanta, S.V. Ayurved College, Tirupati, India.
8. Charakasamhita with Ayurvedadipika commentary of Chakrapanidatta & Jalpakalpataru commentary by Shree Gangadhar, Sengupta, Shree Narendranath, Chaukhamba Publishers 2002,Sutrasthan 17/112,113.
9. Charakasamhita of Agnivesha, Vaidyamanorama Hindi Commentary Elaborated by Charak and Reduced by Dradhabala, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Partishtan Delhi 2002, Charak Sutrasthan Adhyaya 11/48.
10. Charakasamhita with Ayurveda Dipika commentary, Yadavaji Trikamji, Chaukhamba Charakasamhita with Surbharati prakashan ,kalpasthan 1/4.
11. Madhavnidanam with the Madhukosha Sanskrit Commentary by Vijayrakshita and Shrikanthadatta, by Sudarshan Sastri, Chaukhamba Prakashan, Varanasi, Amlapitta Adhyaya.
12. Agnivesha. Charaka Samhita. Yadavji Trikamji, editor. 1st ed. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Surbharati Prakashan; 2008.p.238-240, 517.
13. P.V. Tewari, Kasyapasamhita/ Vrddhajivakiya Tantra 2nd Edition Chaukhambha Visvabharat; 2002 16/3-4.
14. P.V. Tewari, Kasyapasamhita/ Vrddhajivakiya Tantra 2nd Edition Chaukhambha Visvabharati; 2002 16 /15.
15. Vaidyaraj Datto B Borakar, Sarth Madhavnidan,4th edition Ganesh D Dixit Pune 1952 51/4-6
16. Vaidyaraj Datto B Borakar, Sarth Madhavnidan, 4th edition Ganesh D Dixit Pune 1952 51/3
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.