Main Article Content
Urinary tract infection is one of the most common infection found globally. Mutrakrucha is disease of mutravaha srotas. Urinary tract infection is mostly seen in women than men. In Ayurveda, urinary tract infection is correlated with Mutrakrucha. In modern science, it is correlated with Dysuria. Dysuria or Mutrakrucha is a condition in which urine is expelled painfully and in small amounts every time. This is typically described to be a burning or stinging sensation. There are so many Ayurvedic remedies mentioned in classical text to treat Mutrakrucha. Ayurveda has significant remedy in the management of Mutrakrucha. In this case, Patient was treated with shaman chikitsa. Patient showed noteworthy improvement in symptoms.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Agnivesha, Hindi Commentary by Prof. Kashinath Shastri , edited by Dr. Gangashaya Pandeya; Charak Samhita Vol.2, Chikitsasthana 26 Chaukhmbha Sansrit Pratishthana Delhi.
3. Chakraborty P. A text book of Microbiology, Central prakashan, Edition 1st 1995s, page no. 577
4. Dr. Gadre G. K., SarthaVagbhat, Anamol prakashan, pune, revised edition 1994, Ashtang hridaya chapter 4/41, 48, 52, page no. 149
5. Dr Tripathi, B., Charak Samhita, Chaukhamba surbharati Prakashan, Edition 4th 1995, Vimana sthana chapter 5/8, page no. 699
6. Dr. Paranjape P., Indian Medicinal Plants, chaukhamba surbharati prakashan Edition 1ST, 2001, page no 85.
7. Pro. ChunekarK. Bhavaprakashnighantu, Chaukhambabharati prakashan, varanasi, 2010, Guduchyadi Varga (45-46), page no 279.
8. Pro.Vishnu Mahadeo Gogate, Dravyaguna vidnyan, vaidyamitra prakashan,1st edition, (2008) pg no. 377-379.
9. Acharya Sharma Priyavat, Kaiyadev nighantu chaukhamba orientalia, Varanasi, Edition 1st 1979, Aushadhi varga (69-70) page no16.
10. Dr. Tripathi I., Raj nighantu, Krushnadas academy, Varanasi, Edition 1st 1982, Shatavahadi varga 43, page no 69.
11. Vaidya Bappalal, Aadarsha nighantu, chaukhamba bharati academy, Edition 2nd, Tiladi varga 82, page no 202.
12. Dr. Sharma G., Sharma P., Dhanvantari nighantu, Chaukhamba orientalia prakashan, Edition 1st, 1982, Guduchyadi varga, page no. 34.
13. Phadake A., Dravyaguna shashtram, Pratham pushpa, In:Joshi H, editor, published by Vaidya Vaman Rao beenanath, Mumbai, shuddhayurved patya samiti 1960, page no. 27
14. Ayurvedic pharmacopeia of India, Vol 1.