Main Article Content
Constipation is major problem in the society. It refers to bowel movements that are infrequent or hard to pass1The stool is often hard and dry may be associated with abdominal pain ,bloating , and feeling of incomplete evacuation. Constipation may cause hemorrhoids or anal fissures. Forceful evacuation or taking purgatives to pass the stool is very common thing we found in society. Actually passage of stool is very natural process and it should not be forced or painful. But it should be like hot knife cut through butter. According to Ayurveda stool is the solid waste generated after digestion of food , it is called as major digestion. As well as in the minor digestion i.e. metabolic leveled digestion Majja Dhatu Mala (waste product in formation of Majja Dhatu) is generated, which helps smooth passage of stool.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Andromanakos N, Skandalakis P, Troupis T, Filippou D (2006). "Constipation of anorectal outlet obstruction: Pathophysiology, evaluation and management". Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 21 (4): 638â€“646. doi:10.1111/j.1440-1746.2006.04333.x
3. Sharma A., Rao S.(PubMed 28185025)
4. Brandt LJ, Prather CM, Quigley EM, et al. systematic review on the management of chronic constipation in north America. Am J Gastroenterol.2005:100(suppl 1):S5-S21
5. Charak Samhita Chikitsa Sthana 15/13,
6. Charak Samhita Chikitsa Sthana 15/16-19 (including Chakrapani commentary)