Trataka is one of the important karmas prescribedin Ayurveda. It can be described as Yogic gazing which aims at purification of eyes and mind. In this procedure one has to focus on an object without blinking or flickering of eyes till tears roll down. It can be categorized as internal or external as well as near or far depending upon the focus. This type of yogic gazing train and strengthen upward, downward and lateral movement of eye muscles. It also makes eye to get accustomed to influence of light and environment. Thus enabling mind to concentrate on one point. Hence the practice of Tratakacan play an important therapeutic role in various eye disorders like nystagmus, strabismus and vision disorders. As it relaxes the nervous system, it enhances concentration and willpower.
3. www.iapb.org/knowledge/ what is avoidable blindness
4. Mohan M,NPCB-WHO report New Delhi: Ministry of Health And Family welfare, Govt of India: 1989 National survey of blindness in India.
7. www.iapb.org/knowledge/what is avoidable blindness/refractive errors
8. Hatha Yoga Pradipika II Hindi edition Oct 2015 by Swami Digamberji and DrpitamberZa, published by KaivalyadhamShrimanmadhavYogmandirSamiti, Lonawala, Pune, 2-33 page 49
9. Yogaprakash-Yogic Shuddhikriyavisheshank, 2014, publisher Janardan Swami Yogabhyaasimandal, Nagpur, page128-131
11. Trataka or yogic gazing- DrGiridhariYogeshwar article on www.yogamag.net, march 83
12. www.ncbi.nim.gov/pmc/article/PMC 3665208
13. Volume: 4, Issue:7, July2015 ISSN- 2250-1991 373, PARIPEX INDIAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH Effect of Trataka candle flame meditation on concentration and memory level of the college athletics team. DR. BinodChowdhary Assistant Professor, SevaBharatiMahavidyalaya, Kapgari.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.