SharirikVyadhis are treated by medicines and another useful techniques, as our body and mind follows each other1 We also have to think about mind while treating the subject; as said by Sushrutacharya2; which is very unique- very true it is! We can’t divide mind from the body or body from mind. Ayurveda always think about factors while treating the patients. To overcome the imbalance between body and mind, we have to strengthen the mana of the vranita as mentioned in Ayurvedic texts, Satva, Atma, Sharir are like Tridanda3.
This review is focused on the use of Mantras as mentioned by Sushrutacharya in Shashti upkramas (rakshavidhan) and Vrana Chikitsa in Vranita4
2. ShushrutSamhita with NibandhaSangraha: commentary to ShriDalhanacharya
3. English translation of Patanjali’sYogsutra, MunishiramManoharal Publishers, 2001
4. I. K. Taimimi, the Science of Yoga
5. RanganathanShyam, Patanjali’sYogsutra, Translation, commentary and introduction
6. Iyengar B. K. S. (2002) Light on the Yogsutra of Patanjali
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.