Background: Skin diseases are one among the most common health problems worldwide. The burden of skin disease adversely affects the person’s psyche and social interactions apart from the physical difficulties caused by the disease. Mukhadushika, which can be clinically correlated with acne vulgaris is a common condition seen among the youth. Method: A female patient aged 21 came to our institute with the complaint of skin lesions over her face from past 6 months along with occasional occurrence of pustules. The patient was treated with shamana aushadis on opd level. Result: After two months of treatment, it was noted that there were remarkable changes in the lesions such as reduction in the number of active acnes, acne scars and spots, reduction in the hyperpigmentation over acne spots. Conclusion: The treatment with shamana aushadhis were effective in the management of mukhadushika. In this case study, effect of shamana aushadhis such as Arogya vardhini, Gandhak rasayana, Manjishtadi kwatha, etc are evaluated.
2. Davidson’s principles and practice of medicine, Stuart H.ralston, Ian D. Penman, Mark W.J. Strachan, Richard Hobson, 2002,19th edition, chapter 21,p.1081.
3. Cordain L, Lindeberg S, Hurtado M, Hill K, Eaton SB, et al. (2002) Acne vulgaris: a disease of Western civilization. Arch Dermatol, 135: 1584-1590.
4. Sidhi Nandan Mishra, editor, Bhaishajya Ratnavali of Kaviraj Govinda Das Sen, Kushtarogadhikara: Chapter 54, Verse 111 -117. Varanasi: Chaukambha Surbahrati Prakashan, 2016; p.871.
5. Brahmasankar Sastri, editor, (reprinted ed) Yogaratnakara of Vaidya Lakshmipati Sastri, Rasayanadhikara: Verse 1 - 4, Varanasi: Kashi Sanskrit Series, 2008; p. 501.
6. Sidhi Nandan Mishra, editor, Bhaishajya Ratnavali of Kaviraj Govinda Das Sen, Amlapittarogadhikar: Chapter 56, Verse 24-28. Varanasi: Chaukambha Surbharati Prakashan, 2016; p.903
7. R. Vidyanath, K Nishteswar, (4th ed.) Sahasrayoga, Kashaya Prakarana, 1,Varanasi: Chaukambha Sanskrit Series, 2014: p. 41.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.