Ayurveda theIndian system of medicine,owns a special ideology for understanding the disease process & proper diagnosis of disease. Almost all Acharyaâ€™s have stated that diagnosis is very important and essential before proceeding to medicine prescription.One can arrive at the diagnosis by many ways and ideology but Nidan panchak is one of the finest and important method of diagnosing disease, its causes & prognosis. Nidan panchaka consist of 5 components viz; Nidan, Purvaroopa,Roopa,Upshaya& Samprapti. Every component of Nidan panchaka helps the physician for better understanding of disease process & treating the disease at an earliest possible stage.The details of Nidan panchaka & its importance in the diagnosis and treatment are explained briefly in this paper.
2. Charak samhita, Yadavaji Trikamji,Chaukhambha prakashan varanasi 2013 p.115.
3. Sartha vagbhat,ganesh krushna garde, profesiant publications 2009.
4. Madhav nidan,Shastri sudarshan vol.1 chaukhamba prakashan,Varanasi,2009 p.9.
5. Sushruta samhita suttasthan,Yadavaji Trikamji,chaukhamba prakashan Varanasi,2012 p.106,597.
6. Shastri Sudarshan,Madhav nidan vol.1 chaukhamba prakashan Varanasi 2009p.521.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.