The spinal anesthesia is frequently performed procedure in surgical field, Headache after spinal anesthesia is common which accounts for 32% prevalence and carries considerable morbidity with the symptoms lasting for several days.
As working in surgical field there is more incidence of post spinal headache after spinal anesthesia, post spinal headache is well known complication. It occurs after Induction of spinal anesthesia due to leakage of CSF after the Dural and arachnoid puncture and has significant effect on the patientâ€™s post-operative well-being.
The present study aimed to evaluate the â€œEffect of Sunthyadi Phant on preventing post spinal Headacheâ€ in surgical patients.
1.Synopsis of Anesthesia , J. Alfred D Lee, and R.S. Atkinson , 6th Addition, The Stonebridge press, Page no. 400-408
2.Apfel CC, Saxena A, Cakmakkaya OS, Gaisre R, George E, Radke O.Prevention of postdural puncture headache agter accidental puncture headache after accidental dural puncture a quantitative systemic review, Br J Anesth. 2010;105 (3);255-263,doi 10.10009/bja/aeq191.
3. Usta B, Gozdemir M , Dermircioglu RI, Muslu B, Sert H, Yaldiz A. Dexmedetodine for prevention of Shivering during spinal anesthesia. Clinics ( Sao Paulo) 2011;66; 1187;1191.
4.Post dural puncture headache; pathogenesis,prevention and treatment; D.K.Turnbull and D.B. Shepherd ; academic anesthetic unit, university of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshine hospital.
5.Practical handbook of rasashastra and Bheshajyakalpana , Dr. Bharat J. Rathi,Chaukhamba Prakashana, Page no. 162.
6.Charak Santhita , Charaka Sutra sthana 4/17,Acharya Vidyadhar Shukla and Ravidata Tripathi,Chaukhamba Prakashana,page no. 77
7.The effect of Ginger on preventing post spinal headache in patients undergoing Cesarean section, Banafshesh Mashak, Maryam Hashemjad, Kourosh Kabir:// dx.doi.org// pubmed/
8. Shrivastava KC, Mustafa T. Ginger (Zingiber Officinale) in rheumatism and musculoskeletal disorder. Med hypothesis 1992;(4) 342-348 doi: 10.1016/0306-9877(9) 90059-L
9. Reddy and Seetharam Pharmacologyonline 3: 489-495
10. Foster HB, Niklas H, LutzS. Antispasmodic effects of some medicinal plants, planta Med. 1980; 40: 309-319:// dx.doi.org// pubmed/7220648
11. Johri K. Cumium cynium,and carum carvi:an update of pharmacognacy review.2011 jan-jun; 5(9) : 63-72http: // doi.org/ PMC 3210012