Conjunctivitis refers to any inflammatory condition of the membrane that lines the eye lids and covers the exposed surface of the sclera. It is the most common part of the red eye. Abhishyanda is classified as the eye disease affecting all parts of the eye. The disease kaphaj abhishyanda is Sarvagat Netra Rog expain by Sushruta Samhita In developing countries, bacterial conjunctivitis is commonest type of conjunctivitis.it can occur as sporadic and epidemics cases during monsoon season. Prevalence for chronic bacterial conjunctivitis is 25% of the general population. There are so many treatment of kaphaj abhishyanda in Ayurveda like Anjana, Snehana, Swedana, Tarpana, Putpak, Aschyotan, Nasya, Parishek, etc. but Ascyotana kalpana is very effective, safe, easily available, so I have selected shigru madhu ascyotana.
2. A.K.Khurana,aruj K khurana,Bhawna khurana,Disease of conjunctiva.Im:A K Khurana,editor.comprehensive ophthalmology,6th ed.New Delhi:Japee the health science publisher;2015.p.79
3. http://conjuctivitis.blogspot.in/2006/01/conjuctivitis-differ entiating.html?m=1
4. Maharshi sushrut pranita,sushrut samhita,uttertantra,kriyakalpa adhyaya,18/59,edited by Dr anand ram sharma,chaukhamba surbharati prakashan,Varanasi,2008;133
5. Mahaeshi sushrut pranita,sushrut samhita,uttartantra,kaphabhishyandapratishedh adhyaya,6,edited by dr anand ram sharma,chaukhamba surbharati.
6. Ashtang hridiyam,Edited by vaidya bramhanand tripathi,ashtang hridayam,utter stana adhyaya 16,chaukhambha snsktut pratishtan,Delhi. Reprint-2014,pp991
7. Sarth vangbhat, Edited by vaidya ganesh garde,sarth vangbhat,utter stana adhyaya 16, chaukhambha surbharti prakashan,Varanasi,. Reprint-2012,pp399
8. Gupta kaviraja atrideva, edited by vaidya yadunandana upadhayaya, astangahradayam, vidyotini hindi commentary, sutrasthana 1/25-26, published by chaukhambh prakashan Varanasi,. Reprint edition 2009,pp 14
9. Shastri ambikadutta, shushrut samhita, Ayurveda tattva sandipika hindi commentary, part I, Sutra sthana 45/132, published by chaukhambha Sanskrit sansthan Varanasi. Reprint-2010,pp233.
10. Prof.p. v. sharma, dravya guna vigyana,vol.I, edition 2007,pp166
11. Shasri ambikadutta, sushrut samhita, Ayurveda tattva sandipika hindi commentary.part I, sutra sthana 45/142, published by chaukhambha sanskit sansthan Varanasi. Reprint-2010, pp 233
12. Suphachai charoensin,antioxidant and anticancer activities of moringa oleifra leaves,journal of medicinal plant research,vol.8(7),pp.318-325.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.