The concept of beauty and cosmetic is as old as mankind and civilization. Cosmetic product for females like sun scream, lipsticks, facial cream, nail paints, deodorants and sindoor are very popular in the market. They are generally the combination of various chemical compounds and some of them are derived from natural sources and others from synthetic method. In females regular external application of cosmetic products to improve beauty and appearance of a person which increases the self confidence. Most of the cosmetic products contains hazardous chemicals like talcum, parabens, coal, tar dye, phthalates, fragrance, tri ethanolamine and use of some heavy metals e.g. lead, mercury etc. Peoples are not aware of adverse effect of regular use of cosmetic products it accumulates in the body can cause contact dermatitis, skin disorders, allergies, hair loss and effect on nails etc. In Ayurveda cosmetic toxicity is compare to cumulative type of toxicity, so the cumulative type of toxicity is similar to Dushi Visha describes in Ayurveda.
2. Parikh’s Textbook of Medical Juris-prudence & Toxicology by Dr.C.K.Parikh Page No. 645 Pub-lished by CBS Publisher & Distribu-tors Revised Reprint 1986.
3. Bhavpraksa Part second of Shri Bhavmisra by Bhisagratna Pandit Sri Brahma Sankar Misra Vishadhikar Verse 47 Page No.744 Published by Chaukhaba Sanskrit Sansthan Seventh Edition 2000.
4. Sushruta Samhita of Maharsisushruta by Prof. K.R.Srikantha Murthy Vol.III Susrutkalpasthana Chapter 2 Verse No33 Page No 424, Chaukhambha Ori-entalia 1st edition 2002
5. Astanga Hrdayam of Acharya Vagbhata’s Translated by Prof. K R Srikantha Murthy Vol. III Chapter 35 verse 33 Page 333 Published by Krishnadas academy 3rd edition 2000.
6. AstangaHrdayamofAcharya Vagbhata’s Translated by Prof. K R Srikantha Murthy Vol. III Chapter 35 verse 34 Page 333 Published by Krishnadas academy 3rd edition 2000
7. Sushruta Samhita of Maharsisushruta by Prof. K.R.Srikantha Murthy Vol.III Susrutkalpasthana Chapter 2 Verse No33 Page No 424, Chaukhambha Ori-entalia 1st edition 2002.
8. Sushruta Samhita of Maharsisushruta by Prof. K.R.Srikantha Murthy Vol.III Susrutkalpasthana Chapter 2 Verse No27 Page No 423, Chaukhambha Ori-entalia 1st edition 2002.
9. Charaksamhita Agnivesa’s Treatise Refined & Annotated by Charaka & Redacted by Drdhabala Edited by Prof. Priyavat Sharma Vol II Charaka Chikitsasthanam Chapter 23 Verse 31 Page No.367 Published by Chau-khambha Orientalia Sixth Edition 2001.