Ayurveda the ancient system of medicine gives valuable guidelines not only in treatment aspects but alsoin preventive line Pterygium is a degenerative condition of conjunctiva of unclear aetiology. Although, the successful treatment are available but frequent cases of recurrence occurring. Sushruta known as father of surgery has described various surgical process along with herbalmedicines. There are 76 types of Netra Rogas described by Acharya Sushruta, Arma is one among the 11 type of Shuklagata netra roga which is said to chedan sadhya. Arma is a disease having exact similar entities to Pterygium explained in very advance form with absolute medical and surgical treatment to cure and check the recurrence of disease. The technique of surgery and precaution indicated while performing surgery is marvellous. The assessment of adequate excision of tissue and post-operative management to mitigate the pain, congestion indicates fines of surgery explained in Ayurveda classics.
2. Nika Bagheri, Brynn N. Wajda, The Will Eye Manual Chapter-4, Wolters klumer Publication 7th Edition 2017 page no.62
3. Ibid A.K. Khurana, Comprehensive Ophthalmology
4. Ibid A.K. Khurana, Comprehensive Ophthalmology page no.88
5. Kaviraj Ambika Dutta Shastri Sushruta Samhita, Maharshi Sushruta Hindi ,Edited with Ayurveda Tattva Sandipika, Uttartantra part 2 Shuklagata Rogavigyanidya Chapter 4, verse No. 3-6, Chaukhambha Sanskrita Pratishthan, 2015 page no.26
6. Ibid Kaviraj Ambika Dutta Shastri Sushruta Samhita, Shuklagata Chheda roga Pratishedha Chapter 15, verse No. 17, page no.69
7. Ibid Kaviraj Ambika Dutta Shastri Sushruta Samhita, Shuklagata Raktabhishyanda Chapter 12, verse No. 24-27; page no. 61
8. Ibid Kaviraj Ambika Dutta Shastri Sushruta Samhita, Chheda Roga Pratishedha Chapter 15, verse No. 18; page no. 70
9. Ibid Kaviraj Ambika Dutta Shastri Sushruta Samhita, verse No. 3-16; page no. 68-69
10. Brahmananda Tripathi Ashtanga Hridya Maharshi Vagbhata Hindi, commentary by Nirmala Uttertantra Sandhi –Sita-Asita Roga pratished adhaya Chapter 11 verse 14-18 Choukhamba Sanskrita Pratishthan 2012, page no. 953
11. Dr. Munna Kumar –International journal of Ayurveda and herbal medicine (IJAHM)(5:6) 2015, page no.2025-2028, Pterygium in Ayurveda –An advanced describe.