Shirodhara is an Ayurvedic healing practice performed in India for over 5000years. Shirodhara, one of the classical Ayurvedic treatment in which medicated liquid is poured continuously on the forehead. This procedure induces a relaxed state of awareness that results in a dynamic psycho-somatic balance. Shirodhara is one of the most powerful treatments to relieve Vata (wind) in the mind. Shirodhara is the specific treatment for these orders and any other disorder that is stress related. With eighty percent of all disease attributed to stress, Shirodhara becomes one of the most important treatments.
2. Ayurveda Sarsangrah.- Edited by Shri Baidhanath Ayurveda Bhawan ltd. Ilahabad- (2003). Page No.523-524.
3. API Textbook of Medicine- Sidharth N. Shah, 8th Edition Reprint 2009.Page No.290-294.
4. Bhaiyshyajjya Ratnavali- Proff.Siddhinandan Mishra, 1st Edition (2005). Page No.600 – 610.
5. Bhavprakash Madhyam Khand – Edited with the Vidyotni Hindi Commentary by Bhishagratna Pandit Shree Brahma Shankar Mishra. 8th Edition-(2003). Page No. 277-284.
6. Dravvyagun Vidnyan- Dr. J. L.N. Sastry, Edition reprint (2009).
7. Dr. Brahamanand Tripathi, 2007, Sharangadhara Samhita of Pandita Sharangadharacharya, with Dipika commentary, Varanasi, Cahukhanba surbharti prakashana.
8. Dr. Chunekara K.C., 2006, Bhavaprakasha Nighantu of Shri Bhavamishra, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Bharati Academy.
9. Long,fauci,kasper,Hauser jameson lascalzo “Harrisions principal of internal medicine- volume 2, 14th international edition,1998, Page No. 1880- 1888
10. Madhavakara, madhava nidhanam volume1, With Madhukosh commentary, by Dr. Brahmanand Tripathi.chaukhamba prakashan, edition 2010. Page No. 575.
11. Pandit hari Sadashiv Shastri, 2010, Ashtangahridya of Shrimadvagbhatta, with Sarvangasundari and Ayurvedarasayana commentary, Varanasi, Cahukhanba surbharti prakashana.
12. Prof. Siddhi Nandan Mishra, 2005, Bhaishajya Ratnavali of Kaviraj Govind Das Sen, with Siddhiprada commentary, Varanasi, Cahukhanba surbharti prakashana.
13. Research in Ayurveda – Dr. M.S. Baghel-2005
14. Shastri, Ambikadutta Susruta Samhita, Ayurveda-Tattva-Sandipik Hindi Commentry by Chaukhabha Sanskrit Sansthan Varanasi (2001).
15. Shri Chakrapanidattavirachittah Chakradatta- Panditraj vaidhya Ravidatta Shastri, Padarthbodhini Hindi Commentary, Chaukhamba Prakashan- Edition (2000). Page No. 118.
16. Shri Yadunandanopadhyaya, 2008, Madhava Nidana of Sri Madhavakara, with Madhukosha commentary, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Prakashana.
17. Vaidya Jadavaji Trikamji Acharya, 1981, The Charakasamhita of Agnivesha, with Ayurveda Dipika commentary, new Delhi, Munshiram Manoharlal Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
18. Vaidya Yadavaji Trikamji Acharya, 1997, Susrutsamhita of Susruta, with the Nibandhasangraha commentary, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Orientalia publication.