The Liver is a vital organ involved in the maintenance of metabolic functions and detoxification of the exogenous and endogenous challenges like drugs, viral infections and chronic alcoholism1. Liver diseases occur throughout the world irrespective of Age, sex, religion and race. According to WHO 46% of global diseases and 59% of the mortality is because of chronic liver diseases and almost 35 million people in world die because of chronic liver diseases2. In Ayurveda, liver disorders and there treatment modalities are very well described under the heading of “Kamala Vyadhi”.
In this study, a case report of 70 yr old male having yellowish discoloration of skin, sclera, and urine. Anorexia (Aruchi), Nausea (hrullas), generalized debility (daurbalya), Dyspnea (Shwas kashtata) since 10-15 days. He was diagnosed as Shakhashrita Kamala and treated with classical Herbal and some Herbomineral preparations as described in Samhita. Significant result was found in the above mentioned symptoms.
2) Murray CJ, Lopez AD. Evidence based health policy – lessons from the Burden of Disease Study. Science 1996; 274: 740-743.
3) Prof.Ravidatta Tripathi, Charka Samhita of Agnivesha, Uttarardha, 4th Edition, Delhi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan, 2012, Chikitsa Sthan- 16/34, Page no - 401.
4) Yadavji Trikamji Acharya, Sushruta Samhita (Uttar Tantra), 2nd Edition, Varanasi, Chaukambha Orientalia, 2009. Pandu Roga Pratisedha, 44/4-5. p.729.
5) Ravidatta Tripathi, Charaka Samhita of Agnivesha, Purvardha, 4th edition, Delhi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan, 2012, Sutra Sthan 28/8, page no. 430.
6) Ravidatta Tripathi, Charaka Samhita of Agnivesha, Purvardha, 4th edition, Delhi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan, 2012, Vimanasthana 5/8, page no. 588.
7) Prof.Ravidatta Tripathi, Charka Samhita of Agnivesha, Uttarardha, 4th Edition, Delhi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan, 2012, Chikitsa Sthan- 16/36, Page no- 400.
9) Vd. Gangadharshastri Gune, Ayurvediya Aushadhigunadharma shastras, reprint- 2011, Kalpa no – 10, 56 Page no- 208,365.
10) Ambikadutt Shastri Bhaishajya ratnawali- Hindi teeka, 20th edition, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Prakashan, 2010, Pandu roga 12/22, page no. 377.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.