“ Shukra ” is important factor in the formation of embryo , similarly female have “Artava” . It’s of two types - Anthapushpa, Bahipushpa . As per modern view its called as “Menses”c. We are going to study in this topic ayurvedic physiology of menses . Here we have considered “Bahipushpa” as menses.
For the formation of Garbha it is important that Artava should be “Shuddha” that is Normal in nature . There are effects of Rajapravrutti that occurs on health of female, hence basic knowledge about Rajapravrutti must be known to every female. It’s need of now days for maintaining proper health of female.
Now in this topic we are going to study- Definition of Artava, types of artva, Shudha and Ashudhaartava lakshana, Artava Pravrutti kala, Artava Nivrutti kala, artavadarshanam, etc.
2. Sushrut Samhita sharirshtan.2/17, Kawiraj Ambika Data Shatri, Chaukhamba Sanskruta Sansthan, Reprint, 2006, page no. 12.
3. SarthaVagbhatasha., dr Ganesh k. Garde, Anamolprakashan, 2003
4. Charaka Samhita Chikikitsa Stana 30/225-26 reprint 2016, by Vd. Vijay S. Kale, page no. 764.
5. Ibid, Sushrut Samhitas sharir Sthan 14/7 page no. 49.
6. Ibid, Sushruta Samhita Sharirs sthan, 3/11 page no.21
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.