Sharangdhara explained Panchavidha Kashyaya Kalpana1, which are guru subsequently from Swarasa to Phanta. But Panchavidha Kashaya kalpana lack the ability of fast action and potency for longer duration. To compensate the above stated lacuna â€˜Sandhana Kalpanaâ€™ were developed. Sandhan Kalpana1 depends on the concept of biochemical fermentation, and one of the best dosage forms of Ayurveda in practice since thousands of years. In order to prepare these medicaments, certain sets of conditions are pre-arranged which leads to fermentation. Thus, products with self-generated ethyl alcohol, which potentiate these preparations. â€™Kanjiâ€™1 is one of the Sandhan Kalpana. After consulting with many eminent personalities in Ayurveda a final procedure of preparation of Kanji is adopted. But Siddhi lakshanas (Standard tests) of Kanji are not explained properly in ancient texts. So it has been found that very less work on standardisation of Kanji has been done over past few years. Thus, this paper deals with standardisation of Kanji.
2. Bhavmishra, Bhavprakash edited by Pt. Sri Bramhashankara Mishra, part I 5th edition,1980, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi.
3. Dr. Satish Chandra Sankhyadhar, Raj Nighantu, Chaukhambha Publication, Varanasi, Jan. 2012
4. Upadhyaya Madhav, Ayurvedprakash edited by Shri Vaidya Vachaspati Gulraj Sharma Mishra, 4th edition 199, Chaukhamba Bharti Academy,Varanasi
5. Vaidya Vasudeva mulashnakaar dvivedi, Parad Vidnyaniyam,Sharma ayurved Bhandar,1978,Parad Viagyniyam Page-56
6. Dr B. K. Sharma, industrial chemistry 6th edition 1994, Krisha Mandir Prakashan, Mandirmarg, Meerut (UP)
7. Collines and lyne, Microbial methods ISI part (1) 1980
8. Vagbhataacharaya, Rasratnasammuchay edited by Ambika Datta Shastri, 4thedition Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi.
9. Ministry of health and family welfare India, wealth of India raw material vol. 8
10. American public health, Standard method for analysis of association water and waste 1971.
11. Dr. K. M. Nadkarni, Indian Materica Medica, 3rd edition, Popular prakashan pvt(Ltd) Mumbai.
12. Sadananda Sharma, Rastarangini edited by Dharmanda Shastry Revised edition 1979, Motilal Banarasidas,Varanasi.
13. Agnivesha, CharakSamhita Edited by Vd. KashinathaShastry, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Series, Varanasi.
14. Vagbhata, AshtangHriday, edited by Vaidya Lalchand Vaidya 1963, Motilal Banarasidas. Varanasi.
15. Gopal Krishna Bhatta, Rasendrasarsangragha edited by Ghananda Panta, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Bhavan, Varanasi.
16. Ministry of health and family welfare, New Delhi, Ayurved Pharmacopea of India.
17. Acharya Yadavji Trikamj, Dravyaguna Vigyan Paribhasha skandh, 4th edition 1980, Shri Sharma Ayurved Mandir Datiya ( M.P)
18. Yogratnakar, Yogratnakar Vaidya Lakshmipati Shastri, edition by BramhasankarShastri 5thedtion 1993, Chukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi.
19. Govindsen, Vaidyak Paribhasha Pradip edited by Indra Dev Tripathi, Chaukambha VishwaBharti Varanasi.
20. Dr. Ramanath Dvivedi, Arishta Vigyan, ChaukhambaSanskrutiBhawan, Varanasi.
21. Sushruta, SushrutaSamhita, Edited by Achaya Atrideva, 3rd edition 1960, Motilal Banarasidas Varanasi.
22. Acharya Priyavat Sharma, DravyaGunaVigyan Part 3, Chaukhamba Vishwa Bharti, Varanasi.
23. Dhanvantari, DhanvantariNighantu edited by Priyavat Sharma, Chaukhambha Krishnadas Academy, Varanasi.
24. Vogel, Vogelâ€™s quantitive analysis.
25. Acharya Pakshdhar Zaa, Asavarishta Vigyan, Chaoukhamba Sanskruti Bhavan, Varanasi.
26. L.M. Atherden, textbook of pharmaceutical Chemistry 8th Edition 1985, Oxford University Press, New Delhi.