Ayurvedic science is one of the most ancient science. The matter regarding Sutika and its management are very well described in almost all Ayurvedic classics which are collected and compiled for a better and easier study. In Sutika kal vital nutrients are lost from Sutika. Agnimandya is observed due to blood loss. She experience weakness. It is the period to replenish the vital element lost during pregnancy and labour. Ancient Acharyas has mentioned special dietary regime which helps Sutika to regain her pre-pregnancy status.
All Acharya has suggested use of medicated Manda, Peya, Yavagu, Taila, Vasa, Majja for 1â€™st 3-7 days. Followed by medicated meat, soup, with light diet.
Manda, Peya, Yavagu are known for their Balya, Tarpan,Datuposhan and Vatashaman properties which helps for regaining lost nutrients.
2. Asthanga Sangraha of Vagbhata, edited by atridev gupta, Vol 1 reprinted, pub- Krishnadas Academy, Varanasi , edi- 2005, pg- 288
3. Charaka Samhita of Agnivesha, revised by Charak Acharya, Yadavaji Trikamaji , pub- chaukhambha Orientalia, 8th edition,2005,pg no. 348
4. D. C. Dutta. Textbook of Obstetrics, edited by Hiralal Konar, 7th edition , pub â€“ Jaypee brothers medical Publishers (P) Ltd, New delhi, 2013, pg-144
5. Kashyapa Samhita of Vriddha Jeevak, Satyapala Bhigacharya, Varanasi , pub â€“ chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan , edi1994, Khilasthana chapter 10 , 4th edition. Pg181
6. Kashyapa samhita by- Hemaraj Sharma, chaukhambha Sansthana , 10th edition, 2005, pg-307
7. Sushruta Samhita of sushrut, Ambika Duttashastri, vol 1, pub- chaukhambha prakashan, Varanasi, 2012, pg 103
8. Mehjabin Hashina, Humtsoe Yanbeni;Ayurvedic approach in management of sutika ka: IMJA, International Ayurvedic medical Journal,
Volume 07, Jully 2016.
9. Priyanaka D. Sankpal, Veena A. Patil; Sutika Paricharya and itâ€™s Scientific correlation: Ayurveda Darpan , volume 2, issue 1, Jan- March 2017
10. Poonam P. Khot, Amit L. Tamadaddi; Review of sutika paricharya and itâ€™s clinical importance: IAMJ ; Jully2017