Ayurveda depends mostly upon the medicinal plants for the remedy. Panchavidha Kashaya Kalpana is basic Preparation method in Bhaishjya Kalpana and Kshara Kalpna is one of them. Kshara is the herbal extracts of plants like Apamarga ( Achyranthes Aspera linn ) Snuhi ( Eyphorbia nerifolia linn )Aragwadha ( Cassia Fistula Lin ) Kutaja ( Holarrhena antidysentrica linn ) Kshar can be a compound or mixture of many herbs or may be from single herb. There is wide range of description available about Kshara as told by Acharyas, This alkaline Preparation has many therapetic usages and even has replaced many surgical procedures. It has the quality of excising ( chedhya ) Cutting (bhedhya), Scraping( Lekhya ) and tridoshaghna.
2. Acharya Charak, Charak Samhita , Edited by Pandit Kshinath Shashtri Sutrasthan 1/42
3. Acharya Shushruta, Shushrut Samita editied by Dr. Shri Govinda Shastri Ghanekar
shushrut Sutrasthan 44/9.
4. Rastarangini Pandit Kashinath Shatri Chaukhamba Sanskrit Santhan, Varanasi. 14/59,60,61
5. Pharmacopial Standards for Ayurvedic Formulas ( C.C.R.A,S ) Formulations.
6. Text book of Quantitavie Chemical Analysis by Vogel.
7. Instrumntal Methods of Chemical Analysis By Dr. B.K. Sharma. ( Instrumntal Methods )
8. A Charya Charak, Charak Samhita Edited by Pandit Kashinath Shastri Ghanekar
9. Resarnav Edited by Indradev Tripathi
10. Dhanwantari Niughautu by Acharya Priywat sharma.
11. Dr. Prakash Hegde, L,Dr Girani Aa. Text book of Dravyaguna Vigyan Volume Chaukhambha Publications , New Delhi
12. Acharya Sushurta,Sushruta Samhita,Dalhana Nibandhasangraha commentary edited by Yadavji Trikamji Acharya and Narayana Ram Acharya, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan, Varansi Reprint Sutrasthana.
13. Pharmacopoeial standards for Ayauvdedic formulations ( Page No.191) Ayurvedic Formulary of India.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.