Ayrvveda is ancient science of life. Ayurveda incorporates both the preventive and curative aspects of human ailments, promising it as a holistic science. This holistic approach of Ayurveda resembles to the entire function of Vyadhikshamatva. Vyadhikshamatva is a broad concept comprising the whole modern understanding of immunology and other qross and subtle factors paying attention to the prevention and proqression of diseases in the human body. The following article “ Concept of Ayuredokta Vyadhikshamatva. - a key for prevention of diseases, for healthy life” is reviewed through Ayuvedic classics and causation and course of disease with reference to Vyadikshamatva.
2. Agnivesha, Charaka Samhita with Ayurveda Dipika Commentary, Ed. Acharya Y.T. reprinted. Chaukhambha Subharati Prakashan, Varanasi, 2009:178.
3. Harsh Mohan , Editor. Textbook of pathology 6th ed. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, New Delhi,2010;77.
4. Harsh Mohan , Editor. Textbook of pathology 6th ed. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, New Delhi,2010;78
5. Sushrut Samhita of acharya Sushruta edited and translated in hindi by Atridev, pub lished by Motilal Banarasidas,41, UA Bunglow Road, Jawahar nagar, Delhi - 110007.
6. Sushrut Samhita of acharya Sushruta with Nabandhsangrah Commentary of acharya Dalhana edited by Vd. Yadavji Tikamhji,published by Chaukhamba Surbharati, Gopal Mandir Lane, Varanasi - 221001.
7. Charak Samhita with Ayurved Dipika commentary by acharya Chakrapani published by Chaukhamba Orientalia, Gopal Mandir Lane, Varanasi - 221001.
8. Charak Samhita with hindi translation by Harishchadra Kushwah published by Chaukhamba Orientalia, Gopal Mandir Lane, Varanasi - 221001.
9. Ashtang Sangraha of Vagbhata with Shashiekha commentary by Indukara published by Chaukhamba Subharatil Publication , Gopal Mandir Lane, Varanasi - 221001.
10 Ashtang Sangraha of Vagbhata with hindi translation and commentary by Vd. Lalchand
Shastry, published by Shree Baiyanath Ayurved Bhavan, Great Nag Road, Nagpur - 440009.
11.Ashtang Hrudaya of Vagbhata with Sarvang Sundari Commentary by Arun Dutta and
Ayurved Rasayan commentary by Hemadri Published by Chaukhamba Surbharati
Publication, Gopal Mandir lane, Varanasi - 221001.
12 Ashtang Hrudaya of Vagbhata with hindi translation by Kaviraj Atridev Gupta
published by Chaukhamba Publication, Gopal Mandir lane, Varanasi - 221001.
13. Siddhant Nadan by Gananath Sen published by Chaukhamba Subharatil Publication ,
Gopal Mandir Lane, Varanasi - 221001.
14. Basic Pathology, 6th edition by kumar, Cotran and Robbins, Published by Prism Books Pvt. Ltd. 53/2 Bull Temple Road, Basavanagudi, Banglore - 560019.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.