Delivery is a crucial phase in every female’s life span. Every woman expects normal delivery in her life. Child birth is a very Influential process and women is been well prepared for it. Notwithstanding of advanced health care in Obstetrical field high number of woman continue to die during childbirth due to causes like mismanagement of labour. Thus Antenatal, Intra-natal and Postnatal care is very important. A comprehensive sweeping antenatal care from conception up to delivery is given under subservient to “Garbhini Paricharya” in Ayurveda. In Garbhini Paricharya Acharyas have mentioned Basti procedure to facilitate Sukhaprasava (Eutocia). Moreover Madhura aushadhi siddha Taila and Yonipichu (Vaginal Tampon) are used in management Labour.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVE
- To study Anuvasana Basti and Yoni pichu in Sukhaprasava and establish its Ayurveda co-ordination.
- To evaluate its modern co – ordination in Normal Labour.
Reviewing the modern science literature regarding Anuvasana Basti and Yoni pichu in Sukhaprasava and Ayurvedic classics, commentaries also recently published books and Research journals, collection done and attempt to get co-relation between Ayurveda and Modern effect of Anuvasana Basti and Yoni pichu in Sukhaprasava.
In pregnant women due to distension of uterus it causes obstruction to pathway of Apanavayu thus resulting into Constipation, Backache and other symptoms. To treat Apanavayu Anuvasana basti medicated with Madhura gana aushadhi acts in right pathway and women can have a natural and uncomplicated delivery. Use of Yoni pichu with same medicated oil in 9th month enhances lubrication of Garbhashaya and Garbhashayamarga also reduces exhaustion of Prasava and makes Garbhini physically and psychologically strong.
KEYWORDS : Sukha prasava, Madhura aushadhi siddha Taila, Yonipichu, Anuvasana Basti.
2) D C Dutta. 13th chapter Normal Labor. In: Hiralal Konar. Textbook of Obstetrics, 8th ed. New Delhi: Jaypee Publications;2015:134.
3) Kashinath Pandey and Gorakhnath Chaturvedi Charak samhita Vidyotini vyakhya Part – 1 Shareer Sthan 6/24, Reprint 2009 Varanasi Chaukambha Bharti Academy Pg No.906.
4) Yadav Ji Trikamji, Nibhandhsangraha Sushrut samhita Dalhan tika5 /45 Varanasi Chukambha Surbharti prakashan Reprint 2003 Page no.369.
5) Charaka Samhita, Agnivesha, Ayurveda Deepika commentary, Kashinatha Sastri, Sharir sthana, 8/32, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthana, Varanasi, 2009.
6) Agnivesa, Dhridhabala, Charak Samhita, vol.1, Viman Sthan, Rogbhishagjitiyvimanadhyay, 8/139, edited by Acharya Vidyadhar Shukla, Prof. Ravi Dutt Tripathi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan, Delhi, 2013:661to662
7) Charaka Samhita - Ayurveda Dipika Commentary of Chakrapanidatta, edited by Vaidya Jadavaji Trikamji Acarya, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthana Varanasi , Edition reprint 2011. Charakasmhita Si. 1/40, page no, 684
8) Sushruta Samhita - Nibandhasangraha Commentary of Shri Dalhanacarya, Edited by Jadavaji Trikamji Acarya; Chaukhamba Orientalia Varanasi, Seventh Edition 2012.Sushruta Samhita Chi. 35/18, page no,526
9) Agnivesa, Dhridhabala, Charak Samhita, vol.1,Sharir Sthan, Jatisutriyashariradhyay, 8/31(4), edited by Acharya Vidyadhar Shukla, Prof. Ravi Dutt Tripathi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan, delhi, 2013:788
10) Ayurvedic Panchakarma Vigyana by Vd Shridhar Kasture.
11) Charaka Samhita, Agnivesha, Maharshi Agnivrsha pranita, Charaka evum Dridhabala pratisanskrita, By Kaviraj Atrideva gupta, Sutra sthana, 22/11, 2nd edi, Gaighata Banaras, 2009:257.
12) Bhavmishra, Bhav Prakasha, commented by K.R. Srikantha Murthy, Vol II, Chikitsa Sthana, (70:109), p 791. Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthana, Varanasi, 2012.
13) Gupt Atridev (2012), Astangahridyam, Sharira Sthana 1st chap., Chaukhambha Prakashan Varanasi, reprint, 68-69, P.N.238-239.
14) Dr. Sunita Suman et al Aug 2011.
15) Charak samhita Vidyotini vyakhya, Kashinath pandey And Gorakhnath Chaturvedi, part –I, sharirsthan 8/32, Reprint 2009 Chaukambha Bharati Acadamy Varanasi, Pp. 939.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.