Main Article Content
Otosclerosis is a term derived from oto, meaningâ€œof the ear,â€and sclerosis, meaningâ€œabnormal hardening of body tissue.â€The condition is caused by abnormal bone remodeling in the middle ear. Bone remodeling is a lifelong process in which bone tissue renews itself by replacing old tissue with new. In otosclerosis, abnormal remodeling disrupts the ability of sound to travel from the middle ear to the inner ear. A Hindu,married 50 yr old Female patient visited the outpatient department of Institute with complaint of Diminished of hearing in both ear (Left ear > Right ear), Ringing sensation in both ear & Blocking of both ear. The patient was diagnosed as case of Otosclerosis with clinical findings & Investigations done.
Tablet Lakshadi guggulu 2TDS(each250mg), Tablet Amarsundari Vati2TDS(each250mg),Powder combination of Aamalaki churna (1gm)+ AshwagandhaChurna(1gm)+PunarnavaChurna(500mg)+JatamansiChurna(500mg)+Sunhi churna(250mg)+ Godanti churna (250mg) And Syp Dashmooladi Kwath10ml TDS were administered for 6 months. After the 6 months treatment ,a significant response in various symptoms such as Diminished of hearing, Ringing sensation & Blocking of ear was found.
Key words- Otosclerosis, Hearing loss, Diminished of hearing,Audiometry, tinnitus, Badhirya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Venimadhav shastri Joshi (1968) Ayurvediya Shabdakosha, Maharashtra Rajyasahitya and Sanskruti Mandal. Mumbai, India.
3. KB Bhargava (2000) Short text book of ENT Diseases. Usha Publications, Gopal bhavan, Tagore Road, Mumbai, India.
4. Simson Hall, Barnard H, Colman Churchill (1981) Diseases of Ear, Nose and throat. Livingstone, Robert Stevension, Edinburgh, Scotland.
5. PL Dhingra (1998) Diseases of Ear, Nose and throat. BI Churchill Livingstone, Janapath, New Delhi, India.
6.Shalakya Vigyan (Sachitra)-By Dr. R. C. Choudhary Chaukhambha orientaliaVaranasi, 1983.
7.Yadavaji Trikamji Acharya, Dalhan, Nibandha Sangraha comm.(1994) on Sushruta, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, India.
8.Kaviraj Ambikadatta Shastri Vidyotini Hindi Comm(1970) Edited by shri Rajeshwar Datta Shastri Bhaishajya Ratnavali- Choukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, India.
9.Yadavjitrikamjiaachrya, Ayurned Deepika (1941) Chakrapani data comm. on â€“Charak Samhita, Nirnaya Sagar Press, Mumbai, India.
10.Indian Materia Medica- By A.K.Nadkami, Popular Book Depo, Mumbai, 1956.
11.B K Mahajan (1999) Methods in Biostatistics, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Pvt. Ltd. Dariyaganj, New Delhi, India.
12. Acharya Priyawat Sharma, Dravya Guna Vignyana, Published By Chaukhambha Bharti Acadamy, Varanasi, India.
13.Prevalenceof otosclerosis in india https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11568664