Polycystic ovaries & Anovulation are the leading causes for infertility in the society. Ayurvedic panchakarma treatment offers safe, genuine, effective, fast treatment option for the diseased. This is a single blind randomized clinical study on female patients suffering with endocrine disturbances like polycystic ovaries., Anovulation – oligovulation etc. The study was carried out on thirty patients taking regular ayurvedic medicinal treatment for the ovulation problems. Patients from age group 10 to 50 years of age were studied. Patients were treated with ayurvedic bodypurification treatment i.e. Panchakarma. First purification treatment for kaphadosha e.g.vaman done,followed by bastikarma for vata balance after one month. Patients were followed with monthly followup for 3 months. The response to treatment was observed in terms of improved maturation of ovarian follicle with establishment of regularity of menstrual cycle.The results of internal medications were aggrevated with vaman & basti treatment. So panchakarma procedures vaman & bastikarma are effective in endocrinal pathologies like polycystic ovaries, anovulation – oligovulation. Faster results seen might be due to influence on hormonal levels.
KEYWARDS : Ayurvedic panchakarma,vamana, bastikarma,significantly effective, Polycystic ovaries , oligo-ovulation, hormonal homeostasis.
1. Agnivesh ,Charak, “Charaksamhita” ,20th edition, ,Varanasi, Chaukhambha, 1994, chikitsathana 30/125 - 126 Sutrasthana 16/20 ,page no. 859,321
2. Laghuvagbhata , Dr. G.V. Garde,“Sarth Vagbhata Marathi translation of Ashtangahrudaya”3rd edition 1999, Anmol Prakashana, Pune,1982, sutrasthana 15/1 ,4/27 ,page no.66, 16
3. Maharshi Sushruta, Dalhana, “Shushrutasamhita” Edition Reprint 2017, Varanasi Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan, , Sutrasthana 15/16, Pg 77
4. Fauci, Braunwald, Isselbacher, Wilson, Martin, kasper, Hauser, Longo, “Harrison’s Principles Of Internal medicine”14th edition, New York, ,McGraw – Hill 1998 chapter 327 pg 1969-71
5. D.C. Dutta , “Textbook of Gynaecology”, Fourth Edition New central Book Agency, Kolkatta , 2003,chapter 7 pg. 88, chapter 27 pg.412-434,
6. Norman Jeffcoate, V.R. Tindall , “Jeffcoate’s Principles Of Gynaecology” 5th edition Oxford, London, Butterworth Heinemann , publication 1987, Reprint 1998 Chapter 31 Pg. 495-511
7. Rashid Latif Khan, “Five teachers Gynaecology”, 3rd edition , New delhi, CBS publishers & Distributors , 2000, Chapter 20 Pg. 242-252
8. B. K. Mahajan , “Methods in Biostatistics”,6th edition,New Delhi,Jaypee Brothers , 1997, pg.168-185
9. Dr. Ranade ,Dr. Deshapande , Dr. Jawalagekar , “Dravyagunavigyan” 4th edition , 1Pune ,Anmol Prakashan, 1996, Pg. 516 , 425, 541, 859, 638, 684……
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.